Be an IllmiNative! Check out the current opportunities to become part of the IllumiNative team below. Careers will be posted as positions become available. All positions are open until filled.
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Tulsa, OK
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reporting to the Executive Director and serving as an integral member of the IllumiNative team, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for the operational and organizational duties of IllumiNative leadership.
This position will support IllumiNative’s organizational development, programs and operations. S/he will develop processes that promote, enhance, and protect the organization’s brand and mission and ensure efficiency and impact. S/he will also be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Executive Director’s schedule and be an ambassador for the organization.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Manage and maintain a meeting schedule for Executive Director including; scheduling meetings across multiple time zones; coordinating and managing multiple/team calendars; coordinating conference call schedules (serving as call administrator/moderator); coordinating prep documents and agendas; preparing/disseminating notes.
- Manage and maintain a travel schedule for Executive Director including; planning and preparing logistics including air travel, hotel, and ground transportation; researching appropriate travel meeting details; scheduling appropriate pre-travel brief/prep and post-travel follow up.
- Develop and manage processes and systems to improve internal organizational communication, data sharing and coordination between staff and contractors.
- Provide timely and professional clerical support including professional and courteous management of incoming calls and requests; drafting/editing standard documents (letters, fact sheets, flyers, general web copy, meeting minutes, and reports); photocopying, faxing, shipping, etc.
- Coordinate and process routine administrative paperwork, including timely credit card reconciliation, requests for payment, and vendor/consultant management.
- Provide requested research for upcoming projects, initiatives and opportunities.
- Provide support as possible to team members and projects and coordinate additional administrative support for the team as requested.
- Coordinate meetings as requested. This work includes researching and securing vendors; reviewing contracts; researching, negotiating, and managing hotel blocks and meeting room setup; managing registrations; ensuring appropriate AV/technology services are secured for presentations; securing catering, signage, and guest transportation; scheduling meetings and other logistics; preparing agendas and materials packets; sending reminders; working with IllumiNative staff and external parties; and taking, disseminating, maintaining a record of minutes/notes.
- Maintain and organize Executive Director records.
- Serve as main office contact and ensure office runs smoothly including, serving as building liaison, coordinating supplies, facilitating office set up, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an operations role at a nonprofit, tribal or related organization.
- Experience working directly with an Executive Director. She or he will should have previous experience developing and operationalizing processes of a program or organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive, credible, and polished communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with internal as well as external partners and other organizations.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and excellence in organizational and project management with the ability to achieve strategic objectives.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for IllumiNative’s mission and commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals.
- A team player, who can interrelate and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, yet demanding, work environment.
- An individual who is able to handle a variety of constituencies, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
All employees of NVF are required to complete timesheets.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to Leah@illuminatives.org.
IllumiNative is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.