Position Title: Rapid Response Campaign Manager
Location: Fully Remote
Reports to: Deputy Director/Director of Communications and Storytelling
Status: Full-time, Exempt
IllumiNative seeks a highly motivated and experienced Rapid Response Campaign Manager to join our Communications Team. IllumiNative continues to increase our communications capacity, we seek a passionate communicator who has the ability to streamline, synthesize, and work collaboratively in service of our mission. This position will split their position between rapid response campaigns and increasing our communications preparedness.
The Rapid Response Campaign Manager will report to the Director of Communications regularly but report to Deputy Director during rapid response campaigns. This position will work closely with the executive leadership on timely responses to developing news stories, situations, and subjects that impact the Native community. Additionally, the Rapid Response Campaign Manager will work closely with the Director of Communications to guide the formation of communications, track developing stories, and evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns in order to build our capacity.
IllumiNative is a national, Native-led racial and social justice organization that works to build power for Native peoples. We utilize research-informed narrative and culture change strategies to change the existing story of Native peoples-one shaped by invisibility, false narratives and toxic stereotypes. We work in the opinion-shaping sectors of pop culture, media, and K-12 education to increase the visibility of Native peoples, voices, and issues and work to increase opportunities to amplify contemporary, accurate and authentic stories shaped and authored by Native people.
Key Requirements of the Rapid Response Campaign Manager
- In coordination with executive leadership, advise and implement rapid response communications and campaigns;
- Advise executive leadership on campaigning techniques, policies, strategies, target audiences, power analysis, structure and impact;
- Lead in the creation of communications plans during rapid response moments;
- Serve as a liaison with partners and stakeholders on rapid response campaigns including setting meetings as needed, curating and sharing information related to the campaigns, and coordinating check-ins as needed;
- Coordinate across internal program teams and organizations to streamline information, needs, and resources, and manage roles, timelines and process for each campaign;
- In coordination with the Director of Communications, gather and monitor national press and social channels for information impacting Native communities;
- Set and track metrics on the reach of rapid response reach;
- Maintain a record of all communications campaigns and initiatives and coordinate debrief and evaluation meetings;
- Grow our email list utilizing rapid response campaigns to further long-term reach; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- 2-3 years experience in rapid response or crisis communications strongly desired.
- Deep understanding and commitment to social justice, Natives peoples, and digital organizing preferred.
- Experience working with teams and in building consensus, optimism and confidence in the face of significant external challenges and pressures.
- Experience in leading campaigns and projects in a remote setting.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal and partnership relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with internal as well as external partners and other organizations.
- Commitment to producing quality work against competing deadlines and strategic objectives.
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for IllumiNative’s mission and commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals.
- A team player, who can interrelate and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, yet demanding, work environment.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results-oriented.
- Willingness to keep a flexible and nontraditional schedule and to be available on nights and weekends when rapid response situations arise.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
All employees of NVF are required to complete timesheets.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio with relevant samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range: $50,000-$65,000
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
IllumiNative is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.